Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Appreciations, Before I Go

Hello My Friends

This blog is a travel journal detailing my trip to Uganda. This is the first post.

I haven't yet left. I am leaving a week from the time I write this. I've been spending my days frantically running around doing all the pre-voyage errands that one does before uprooting themselves from their life and going somewhere strange and far away. I've also been trying, despite the snow and dirty slush, to appreciate the things that I love deeply about my home. I've been drinking pinot noir and strongbow cider, eating salmon from the market, listening to my LP's,
catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while, and hanging out with my bird. (Apologies in advance to anyone I don't get a chance to catch up with, things have been hectic). Even when its wet and grey, your home starts looking very good when you are about to leave it for somewhere that is largely unknown.

I've also been appreciating the fact that this trip is a group effort. I'm the one getting on the plane, but I couldn't have done it without the generous support of my friends. To everyone who contributed, thank you very much for helping me go do this. I promise to both pay the generosity forward, and when the time comes, pay it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment